- This event has passed.
Sleep for Success! How to Recognize & Manage your Fatigue – Fredericton
September 14, 2017
T.T.F Workshop – Fredericton
Sleep for Success! How To Recognize And Manage Your Fatigue
Did you know…
- Fatigue is 4X more likely to cause worker impairment than drugs or alcohol?
- Fatigue is estimated to cause 20% of all vehicle fatalities?
- Unmanaged fatigue contributes to diabetes, obesity and heart disease?
It is true!
Yet this very real health and safety issue is so often not well recognized or managed. Even when workers become aware of being too tired to work safely, they are often not really sure what can be done about it.
When work and/or personal requirements cause us to extend our normal waking hours, it is important to recognize the health and safety issues that are created. This session will dispel common myths about sleep, bring forth little known facts, and give many useful and practical strategies that you can use to manage your fatigue.
Yet fatigue is only part of the issue. Often, in trying to achieve the work-life balance, we encounter high levels of stress in our everyday lives. This workshop will also present a Stress Control Model that provides a framework to allow individuals to understand how stress impacts us and to then empower them to take control of the key stressors in their lives. Participants will have the opportunity to study and apply the Stress Control Model to understand the process of building stress resiliency.
- Increased awareness of fatigue as a health and safety issue.
- Increased awareness of sleep related concepts such as circadian rhythms and sleep cycles.
- Improved ability to assess personal fatigue risks in a work environment.
- Introduction to a toolbox of strategies to allow for better personal fatigue management.
- An understanding of the Stress Control Model and its implications on how we understand and manage stress.
- Creation of a personal toolbox of strategies to assist in better managing personal and work related stress.
Please Note: If you have attended Dead Tired! How to Recognize and Manage your Fatigue, you will not be eligible to attend Sleep for Success! Please contact Ali Heighton if you have any questions or concerns at 506-455-0037