- Nearly one in every three working people in this country belong to a union – that’s over 4 and a half million Canadians!
- Union members earn better wages and benefits than non–union workers – 30% higher on average.
- Unions have helped close the gender gap – women with union representation earn an average of 89 percent of the wages earned by men compared to 71 percent in non-unionized workplaces.
- 83% of unionized employees are covered by either a pension plan or group RRSP compared to just 33% of non-union workers
- The union movement is 55% professional and technical
- The IBEW has 120 years experience representing workers
- Over 70,000 members in Canada