Tentative Agreement Reached Between IBEW Local 37 and the Electrical Contractors Association of New Brunswick (ECANB)
October 17, 2018
After participating in a difficult set of negotiations, your negotiating team has reached a tentative agreement for members in construction to consider. The team believes it’s an acceptable agreement and the best alternative to taking legal job action. Membership acceptance is being recommended by your negotiating team.
Below is a brief summary of the proposed tentative agreement
- Extension of current ECANB/IBEW37 collective agreement – except for wages
- Wages-increase of 4% across the board. EXAMPLE: Current PLT rate of $40.18 would increase to $41.80.
- Wage package will not apply to any work tendered prior to the date of signing of new agreement.
- Work tendered prior to date of signing shall be worked to completion pursuant to the expired collective agreement.
- Labour management committee meetings shall take place quarterly throughout 2019.
- Collective agreement effective from date of signing to September 28, 2019.
As per our Local 37 Bylaws, the next step is to hold explanation meetings where we’ll go into greater detail and do our best to answer any questions. The first explanation meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 22 at 8PM at the Ramada Fredericton in the Victoria Room – this date and time was requested by members.
We are open to suggestions as to where and when additional meetings could be held. Please send them to email@example.com or call/text 506-260-3463.
The vote on the agreement will occur seven days after the last explanation meeting. Voting details will be shared once they are finalized.
Your 2018 Negotiating Team:
Brian Matheson, International Representative IBEW Canada
Drew Simpson, Assistant Business Manger Local 37
Claude Richard, Assistant Business Manger Local 37
Nolan Bass, PLT and Local 37 Member