The Women In Trades Awards/Bursaries Program was created to recognize women who are members of the Canadian Building Trades, and to bring awareness of employment opportunities for women in the skilled trades.
This annual awards/bursaries program provides 3 recipients each with $1,500, for a total of $4,500 in awards:
- One award of $1,500 to any woman Journeyman who is part of the Building Trades Union
- Two bursaries of $1,500 each to be given to 2 apprentice women who are members of the BT Unions. Any 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th year apprentice
Who is Eligible?
Canadian women in trades (member of the Building Trades Unions) who demonstrate integrity, excellence, and leadership within the Maintenance/Construction trades industry.
Candidates who qualify will possess all of the below points:
- Membership with a Union under the Building Trades
- Integrity and Leadership within the industry
- Excellence in their trade
- Practice workplace safety
- 1st/2nd/3rd/4th /5th year Apprentice Or,
- Journeyman status
A maximum of 50 applications to be received per year. If applying for the Apprentice Bursary, the applicant must not have received the “ACTIMS Women In Trades Award” in the past to be eligible
To find out more information about these Awards and Bursaries please click here to find out who is Eligible, Requirements, How to Apply, Where to Submit. Click the link below to access the Application Form.